"laestadian, apostolic, gay, lgbtq, ex-oalc, ex-llc, llc, oalc, bunner" LEARNING TO LIVE FREE: WARNING: Contagious Peace

Thursday, February 25, 2010

WARNING: Contagious Peace


Be on the lookout for symptoms of inner peace. The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to inner peace and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions. This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.

Some signs and symptoms of inner peace:

A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
A loss of interest in judging other people.
A loss of interest in judging self.
A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
A loss of interest in conflict.
A loss of the ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom.)
Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
Frequent attacks of smiling.
An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.


WARNING:

If you have some or all of the above symptoms, please be advised that your condition of inner peace may be so far advanced as to not be curable. If you are exposed to anyone exhibiting any of these symptoms, remain exposed only at your own risk.


--Saksia Davis

8 comments:

  1. I want some of that! Seriously, I think I am getting closer to inner peace than I have ever been in my whole life. I thought it was due to aging, or maybe all the reading I've been doing lately on spiritual topics, or perhaps just getting tired of being so judgmental. Whatever the reason, I am happy to see contentment on the horizon. Peace and Blessings to you, Free! SISU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the quotation! All the signs and symptoms of inner peace, as listed, seem to be the antithesis of an Apostolic Lutheran type upbringing-at least based on what I saw. The conflicted intrapersonal AP mentality seems to start early in many a Laestadian home. It seems like the indoctrination process begins at a very early young age so that it seems 'normal' to the young child. Plus all the people and relatives they associate with seem to have the same neurotic outlook on life. I was told as I grew up that if some one had the signs and symptoms of 'inner peace' as quoted, that they were in 'dead faith' and they had the 'devil's peace' or they were 'blinded by the devil and the world' or how about, 'everyone's got a cross to bear.' Glad to know that there are other ex-Laestadians out there who do not have to carry the 50 pounds of man made Laestadian emotional baggage on their backs. Is it not wonderful to just wake up and feel good in the morning! Thanks for the post Free. Zanon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post.. ! I see it on the horizon too, Sisu. Zanon, you're right..inner peace does not mean dead faith - it's a sign of faith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny. Growing up I was also told that some of those symptoms were a sign of dead faith. With Laestadianism you must always be very unsure. If you are not unsure than you are self-righteous; another sign of dead faith to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last comment from Eyeswideopen

    ReplyDelete
  6. LLLreader here: Hope everyone had a good Easter. I keep coming back to the Inner Peace list. I think I can honestly say that none of those symptoms were a part of my makeup when I left the church. It has taken a long time to start claiming anything from the list as my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto, LLLreader. However, now I find that I experience these on a regular basis--delightfully often, in fact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I am introducing myself as the author of SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE: Saskia (not Saksia). I find your discussion and comments all very heartwarming!
    You can find a little more about it, including some hints about how to catch it on my website: http://symptomsofinnerpeace.net. A poster is available, too. I wish I had the time to have a blog on it. I would love to see this type of discussion on my website.
    Blessings to all,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete