"laestadian, apostolic, gay, lgbtq, ex-oalc, ex-llc, llc, oalc, bunner" LEARNING TO LIVE FREE: "I'm a Finnish guy . . . "

Monday, February 09, 2009

"I'm a Finnish guy . . . "

By googling "Laestadian," I discovered a new blog called Trying to Live Free (hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery) that was started last December, apparently by a Finnish guy seeking pen pals. His first post:
I´m a Finnish guy. My English skills are limited. My backround is SRK (in America LLC).I want to share experiences with others, who have left the LLC or other Laestadian brances.I haven´t lose my faith, and I often notise myself think like laestadians. I have visited in America 5 times in my life. I know the culture and love America.

I´d like to get American friends more, despite in witch Laestadian branch.
Go visit his blog and say terve! Unfortunately I can't seem to post a link, so you'll have to google it.

http://eudokimos-tryingtolivefree.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. I couldn't find it, could tell us what the website is by just typing it out? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck:
    http://eudokimos-tryingtolivefree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to know when you dont go anymore that you lose all your friends and the preachers tell everyone that your too worldly now Dead faith! Wish i was dead! I have nothing now. Thankyou J.K. and R. kysar!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LLLreader to anonymous--Oh my Dear Friend, my heart hurts for you. The place you are in right now is temporary. It's hard right now,but your feelings will change as you find people who will understand that you are a child of God no matter what church you go to (or don't go to). There are many people on this blog that will support you, care about you, advise you, listen to you,--and will understand. It's been pretty quiet on this blog lately, but go back and read the archives--lots of folks have been in your shoes. You are NOT alone. Don't leave us, write again and I know others will step up and lend a hand to get you through this time. Hang in there Friend--you will survive this. Tell us what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya, RK derailed my life for awhile too... I still have some pretty long lasting consequences from when I reacted to that stuff... The actions were my choice, but were emotionally driven by the rejection and turmoil of leaving. And though it was by far the longest and darkest time of my life, I continued to seek God and the painful road has now led to a life better than I ever dreamed existed :) and I wouldnt trade any of it for the entire world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who/What is RK?

    ReplyDelete
  7. who is J.K.? I know R.K. is an oalc preacher J.K. must be, as well? I have heard of several of them derailing people's lives, including B.R. and D.S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For me the initials are a way of naming my pain without gossiping... there are those who know already and can relate, but it still keeps the focus off nitpicking... I dont know if it accomplishes that, but those are my thoughts.
    (I accidently hit the enter key instead of the 3 key, so my last post Im just hp :p but its still me)

    ReplyDelete
  9. RK is a preacher in the Brush Prairie OALC. He preaches a message of extreme sorrowfulness and unworthiness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dale S. is also an OALC preacher in Battleground.
    When he preaches he raises his head and puffs himself up like Miss Puff on Spongebob.

    Quite full of himself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. But who is J.K.? Its bugging me!

    ReplyDelete