"laestadian, apostolic, gay, lgbtq, ex-oalc, ex-llc, llc, oalc, bunner" LEARNING TO LIVE FREE: New Link, Personal Post

Monday, July 25, 2005

New Link, Personal Post

Thanks to Exoalc, I've added a link to Spiritual Abuse Recovery Resources over in the right column.

Today under "A Lily Grows" there is a new note from Anonymous that reads:

I will continue to pray for you, as you still have a soul. A dying relative of yours told you repeatedly, "I love you". She is not alone in that thought. She loved all of you naturally and had a love and concern for your soul salvation. She was following Jesus own words when he said, "go out quickly, into the highways, hedges, streets, and lanes, and compell them to come in, that my house may be filled. We are still a house of the maimed, halt and blind.

Were these words intended for me? Or for Virginia?

2 comments:

  1. Today under "A Lily Grows" there is a new note from Anonymous that reads:

    "She was following Jesus own words when he said, "go out quickly, into the highways, hedges, streets, and lanes, and compell them to come in, that my house may be filled. We are still a house of the maimed, halt and blind."

    The sad thing is when is the last time that a Laestadian has gone out to unbelieving homes (not just ex-laestadians) and preached God's words and of the life of Jesus and how to be saved. It really bothers me that someone would write down these words as justifying why they are trying to "save" you, but their behavior doesn't match the words they use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the anonymous post was good. If someone posted that message directed to me, I would feel good knowing that somebody is praying for me and that my relitives still love me. Granted, the anonymous poster probably believes that chistianity does not exist outside of his/her branch of laustadienism, and i think the purpose of the post was to stir feelings in hope that the person it was directed to might rejoin the church. The anomumous poster believes that sience you left the church, you left christianty, and she loves you enough that she is trying to change that. I think it would be nice to know that someone cares about you that much. And having someone pray for your spiritual well being is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete